Adults and children nowadays take dietary supplements. These supplements contain vitamins, herbs, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and so on. However, it’s imperative to know which supplement can benefit your health and which can be dangerous.
Here is a list of things which you must know about Dietary Supplements before buying one
Effectiveness of Dietary Supplements
Not all supplements are effective. Supplements may benefit your health in various ways. For instance-
- To keep blood cells and nerve healthy people should intake Vitamin B12.
- Consuming Vitamin D can strengthen the bones.
- To keep the heart safe, fish oil is very effective.
- You can consume Vitamin A supplements to take care of the vision loss problem.
Supplements Have Many Forms
The supplement comes in various forms like powder, pill, or liquid forms. Well, the main purpose of these supplements is to give nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants to your body. The common supplements are-
- Fish oil
- Vitamin D
Supplements are not Always Safe.
Supplements can be unsafe. If you are suffering from any kind of disease, then it’s better to avoid supplements. Sometimes, supplements may contain ingredients that can be dangerous. It can come with a lot of side-effects that can do more harm to your body. So, before taking a new product, you must observe the bad reaction.
In such cases, you must consult with your doctor before going for any dietary supplements. Discussing options with your healthcare or doctor will be effective and safe.
A Healthy Diet is Better Always
Supplements provide benefits and enhance health conditions. However, a healthy diet is always better as compared to any dietary supplements. For instance, a healthy salad or a bowl of green vegetables or fruits can give more nutrient benefits that pills can never provide.
Besides, dietary supplements must never be used instead of real food. People can get all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals by eating healthy food.
Few Simple Tips to Follow to Avoid any Health Risk
- Always read the ingredients or the label to check the active ingredients.
- You must also check the flavourings, binders, and fillers.
- Children must avoid taking any supplements without a doctor’s recommendation.
- A supplement should be taken as directed or prescribed by the doctors.